Thank you to Patti for this interesting challenge. My colour choice is blue.
It seems this year I am just growing weeds! Work is busy and time in the garden is short – but thankfully the flowers are still doing their best, despite my neglect.
First this week – Iris – with raindrops
2. Another blue this time Aquilegia
3. For three, also comes in blue but I have white Jacob’s ladder.
4. One of two self-seeded foxgloves. These ones are much happier than the ones I planted into the flower bed.
5. The meadow is coming on – buttercups are dominating but the ox-eye daisies are not far behind.
6. And finally this week – some male early bumblebees about – note their really yellow body and face.
These photographs were taken last autumn on the Mullet Peninsula here in County Mayo as the wild Atlantic was churned up by strong winds.