It seems this year I am just growing weeds! Work is busy and time in the garden is short – but thankfully the flowers are still doing their best, despite my neglect.
First this week – Iris – with raindrops
2. Another blue this time Aquilegia
3. For three, also comes in blue but I have white Jacob’s ladder.
4. One of two self-seeded foxgloves. These ones are much happier than the ones I planted into the flower bed.
5. The meadow is coming on – buttercups are dominating but the ox-eye daisies are not far behind.
6. And finally this week – some male early bumblebees about – note their really yellow body and face.