It is warm today. Close to 20 degrees Celsius. Tomorrow temperatures are going to drop again, to about 11, so it is from one extreme to another. We got a small amount of rain last week but it is still exceptionally dry for the west of Ireland.
I am not sure if it is the hot temperatures or the dry weather that has driven some of the frogs back to the pond. We saw four today – just chilling in the water.
2. Also in the pond, one large great diving beetle.
3. By the pond is also one of my favourite damp habitat flower – Ragged robin. There does not seem to be as much as last year, but it is just coming out.
4. Lavender is in flower – the bees don’t seem to have found it yet.
5. The bees are preferring the sage flowers in the greenhouse.
6. And finally for this weeks six, some Aquilegia flowers.