1. Comprey is always a great bee plant, and it just keeps on flowering the whole season through which is a huge benefit for pollinators.
2. I always let my over-wintered kale flower as it is another valuable food source, not just for carder bumbles but also early bumblebees and white tailed bumblebees too.
3. Wasps are predators of other insects but queen wasps emerging from hibernation seem to love my blackcurrant bushes. Each spring I see them feeding on the flowers, I suspect gathering nectar from the flowers.
4. The autumn olive is proving really popular with the bees too. Yesterday I counted four different types of bees feeding on it as well as some small hoverflies.
5; Another carder (they are easier to photograph than other bees!) on the Indian pea tree.
6. And finally a flower without a bee to complete my Six on Saturday .