So our wash-out summer continues here in the west of Ireland. I would cope with the rain if we just had a little bit more sun! But still the garden grows.
- First this week opium poppies. These poppies come up every year in the vegetable path and are loved by bees (and me too!).
2. Next, another vegetable plot flower is Calendula. These are ones my daughter set from saved seed.
3. Some broccoli ready to harvest, not the biggest heads but hopefully we will get some side shots too.
4. A meadow brown butterfly. The netting is not to keep these butterflies out (they lay their eggs on grasses) but their cousins, the White butterflies.
5. We have had the first ripe tomatoes from the greenhouse.
6. And finally this week some sweet pea. Only just coming into flower.