So today it is raining and they tell us it will rain pretty much continuously till Monday night!! So a slight tangent for this week’s Six on Saturday. We had the opportunity to visit The Organic Centre, near Rossinver in Co. Leitrim this week, so I am sharing my six from there as opposed to our very wet garden.
The Centre was founded in 1995 by local organic growers, farmers and supporters. It comprises of a 19 acre site and includes gardens, polytunnels, community garden and orchards.
- The garden area has raised flower beds against a stonewall containing geraniums, Rosa rugosa, and nice willow structures in the background
2. The polytunnels were jam-packed with very healthy looking vegetables, and totally weed free (not like my own).
3. Companion planting was evident throughout the garden.
4. These poppies were particularly stunning. I have these in my garden too but mine are a much more a pink that red (do you see the bumblebee?)
5. I really liked their orchard which had apples, plums and pear. The orchard was well sheltered and I noticed that they had much more fruit on their trees than I do.
6. And finally I love this fun garden fence.
I would certainly recommend a visit if you are in the area. The centre hopes to begin delivering their varied courses again very soon. More information can be found here.
Thank you to The Propagator for hosting Six on Saturday.