We have just returned from our annual trip to Wales to see my husband’s family. When there, I always like to include a garden visit, and this year we were in for an extra treat as we stayed at self-catering accommodation at the Old Oak Barn, near St Clears, where we got to enjoy Charlotte’s garden every day.
Charlotte has the most beautiful flower garden, but she also grows vegetables (which we also got to enjoy). Her garden is a riot of colour, form and scent.
So I thought for this week’s Six on Saturday I would share some of the highlights from her garden.
- A pot full of pink cosmos greeted us.
2. Charlotte grows in mixed beds of flowers and vegetables. Every looks so healthy. And the lettuce and peas were delicious.
3. She had a couple of different poppies, which self-seed around the garden including this dark one and this really flouncy one.
4. She has beautiful roses, here are just two examples.
5. And her lupins, like my own, are popular with the bees.
6. She also grows teasel, which is another great wildlife plant being good for bees and later on for birds who will eat the seeds.
So that is my six and to finish just a few general photographs of Charlotte’s lovely garden. We all really enjoyed our stay at the Old Oak Barn and would recommend it for anyone looking for Self catering Accommodation in Wales. For more information you can following the link: