Today we woke to the first frost of the season, with more forecast for tonight. So it is the end of the runner beans, courgettes and no more opportunity for the world’s smallest pumpkin to get any bigger for Halloween! It about the size of my fist. It was just not warm enough for the squashees and pumpkins this year.
2. I thought I might be able to salvage some of the remaining runner beans but they were soft and not very appetizing. There are a few dwarf ones left in the greenhouse.
3. Plenty brassicas to keep us fed though and the leaves of the kale were looking rather good in the frost.
4. We didn’t get many blueberries either this year but the last remaining berry and the reddening leaves also looked nice in the frost.
5. A self-seeded fennel, also with frost crystals.
6. And finally this week some parsnip seeds, looking very autumnal.