One advantage with being in lock-down is there is no where to go but the garden, so work begun today clearing vegetable beds of weeds. The weather is still pretty cool so I am struggling getting things germinated. I was trying to be optimistic today and planted some radishes and mustard greens outside in one of the newly prepared beds.
- Meanwhile we enjoyed some purple sprouting broccoli for dinner.
2. The false quince has some flowers but not many – I hope more will appear.
3. Meanwhile in the greenhouse, the comfrey plant that grows there is just starting to flower.
4. In the garden the crab apple is leafing up and it is still one of our friendly robin’s favourite trees.
5. Under the willow tree, the wild garlic is coming on nicely and we should have flowers soon.
6. And finally the drumstick primrose is doing it’s thing too.