We are at that period of late autumn when we get the best colours from the trees around us – so that is this weeks six on Saturday.
1. Oak is probably one of my favourite trees. We have a few young oak in our hedgerow and I have planted some acorns we collected a couple of weeks ago.
2. The beech hedge is turning from yellow to brown now, and is proving popular with the little birds particularly the blue and coal tits. It’s a great place to hide after you managed to get a whole peanut from the bird feeder!
3. Larch grows in the wood that borders the garden.
4. I love the way these willow leaves go banana yellow – we had three nights frost earlier in the week and they really start to yellow up after that.
5. Lots and lots of rain today – here a dying hazel leaf next to some new shots – a promise of spring to come.
6. And finally alder seeds – again covered in raindrops.
Thank you to The Propagator for hosting – Six on Saturday