We have had a couple of frosts the last two night, and there is a noticeable drop in temperatures even during the day.
- With Halloween just around the corner it was time to harvest the pumpkins and squash and do some carving. The big one took up half the wheelbarrow!
2. Despite the fact that most of the flowers are gone I saw a common carder bumblebee today and it was still collecting pollen, suggesting it was still feeding young – maybe it was just an optimistic bee.
3. In the vegetable garden we are getting a couple of romanesco maturing.
4. A poor frosted cosmos.
5. I love these big leaves of the mulberry tree.
6. So few apples this year but there are a few bramblys on a potted tree that will have to be planted out in the next couple of months.
Thank you to The Propagator for hosting – six on Saturday