I do need a bit more late summer colour, but there are still a few things flowering in the garden.
1. American elder flowers later than our native elder so rarely produces fruit. It smells lovely though.
2. Finally some cosmos flowers. Not as many this year as previous years as I had poor germination, but always great for colour.
3. Soapwort, as name suggests can be used to make a soap substitute. Bees like the pretty pick flowers too.
4. Astilbes – I divided this plant last year and the one in the new bed is doing much better.
5. First courgette!
6. And nasturtiums, with a bee!