I started drafting an Earth Day post that was becoming depressing. So I have decided on a list of ten positive actions anyone can do for our Mother Earth instead. Actions to help us live in harmony with the planet we call home.
- Go outside. Close your eyes for fifteen second and use you ears to listen and your nose to smell.
- Plant some vegetable or herb seeds, even if it is only in a pot or window box.
- Walk or cycle somewhere you would usually drive to.
- Find a local farm shop and buy something.
- If you live in Ireland, sign the petition to strengthen the draft climate change plan. If you live in another country find out what your government is doing about climate change.
- If you have left overs from dinner, eat them the following day for lunch. Don’t throw them in the bin
- Make a more sustainable choice in one food product you buy each week. For example, buy organic free range eggs, or organic flour etc.
- Pick a sunny day, and look in your garden or go to your nearest park and see how many bees and butterflies you can see.
- Instead of your usual present when you go to visit someone bring them a nice flowering plant they can put in their garden.
- Find a new woodland, nature reserve or other wild place to visit.