There has been a lot of rain here and no sunshine and hence no photos so I needed some inspiration. I headed for the Daily Post’s writing prompt. The first one didn’t inspire me but the second one did. The writing prompt was: “Seven Wonders.” It is said that Khalil Gibran (a Lebanese artist, poet, and writer, born in 1883) once said that people will never understand one another unless language is reduced to seven words. So I was thinking what my seven words would be. So in no particular order –
1. Wonder – We need to be curious about the world we live in. This is a bee I found in our garden two summers ago now. It’s a leaf cutter bee called Megachile versicolor and it was the first recorded sighting of the bee for County Mayo.
2. Nature – If you read my blog you know I love nature in all it’s shapes and forms
3. Freedom – of every kind.
4. Peace – for everyone
5. Growth – nothing makes me happier than seeing things grow
6. Happiness – we all need to smile and laugh
7. Children – a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children (Wendell Berry, 1971)